Skip to main content

The Oscars

Once upon a long, long time ago (23 years) there was a little girl who dreamed of becoming an actress. She loved pretending, acting, watching movies, and acting along with the movies she watched. She was in her school plays and belonged to a junior theater group.

To be in the movies, to be anyone and everyone you have ever wanted to be. To dive into a character and live that life for a little while, to become that person.

Dreams can get lost, or left behind, but can they ever be picked back up? Can you ever go back to them? Is that the reason I wander though life wondering what I want to do when I grow up...still?

I left those dreams behind because I let a couple of people effect me in a negative way. I was young and stupid and probably didn't tell anyone how I felt or why I left the idea of acting behind. Because I am sure if I said something, someone would have encouraged me to quit being stupid and worrying about how other people are, directing me back to my path.

Once a year I dwell on that dream more so than any other day of the year. As I get older I wonder if the dream should just die and be buried, or should I find a way to breath life back into that dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

is anyone out there?

It has been so long since I blogged. So much so that I let my domain expire and it isn't easy to reinstate it…things become more complicated with technology sometimes you just give up. And that is what I am doing now on the domain, giving up and I hope that I can get my monday back. I will be back here.

Birthday cake

When I was little the big thing I always looked forward too on my birthday was the cake. Ok, presents were always good also, but the cake lasted and was always homemade and delish. It was also always a given that the person the birthday cake was for got the first, and last piece. If it wasn't a rule, then I at least followed it. My birthday was this past Saturday and my husband came through with a Mrs. Goodman's cake. (I am still waiting for the year that he braves it and makes a cake from scratch with the kids for me.) Luckily he got a small one, because I ate a slice after my kids sang to me, then I ate a piece after they went to bed. The next day I ate three slices, yes three. I can't stay away from cake it just pulls me in. Besides, birthday cake tastes better than any cake, any day of the year. Monday was Kadence's birthday. There was once slice of my cake left so I saved it for the next day and ate the cupcakes I got for Kadence's family celebration. You...
I had to share this post from Facebook by my cousin Bailey. His words ring very true, and I stand by them. I feel as a society we need to move forward and not backward. Learning to accept everyone for who they are and not forcing everyone into what we feel they should be. Bailey's post: Just in case the Georgetown Times doesn't post my response... Mr. Brock, Your recent opinion article on the topic of same-sex marriages saddened me. Not only as a gay man, but as a forward thinking American citizen, I whole-heartedly disagree with you on your views. No matter what kind of intentions President Obama had for announcing his support of same sex marriage, he will be relieved one day when he finds his beliefs to be on the right side of history. You say, “The biological premise of the joining of one man and one woman is propagation of the species.” If that’s true, why should elderly people be allowed to get married? Or heterosexual couples who can’t conceive children? Should th...