Skip to main content

Day two

Well, here I am at the end of day two of my "body cleanse" or whatever you want to call it. Right now I think I will just call it uncomfortable. Hear my warning now dear reader. This post will involve bodily sounds and obnoxious words, something some people like to call "to much information"

Since I wrote yesterday before I actually drank anything I will start then. I take my first drink and wonder how in the world I am going to drink this for 7 days straight. it tastes like unsweetened prune juice. The only other time I ever forced myself to eat prunes was when I was pregnant and so constipated I thought I would explode. (In more ways than one.)

But I drank it anyway. Maybe a little too fast, but I wanted to be done with the 32 oz I needed to drink a day. I was eating my lunch when I was getting through the last of the drink, probably not the best lunch, but it was lunch. Warmed up steak from the other night, brussel sprouts and a piece of easter cake.

Oh-man was I full. Completely and utterly full, I could feel my stomach stretching to a new size. Once lunch was eaten I could feel it. My intestines rumbling and grumbling, bubbles and food moving through at a fast pace. I could actually hear it outside of my body as whatever it was made it through my intestines.

2 seconds later I was running to the bathroom. That was pretty much my afternoon, in about 15 minute intervals. I don't think I have ever gone to the bathroom that much in my life, but I guess if I was going to "cleanse" my body, this is what I was to expect?

I talked to my mom and she asked if I had been drinking enough water after I finished the cleanse drink. Hmmm, no not really. Duh...

Today I doubled my water, which in fact makes the drink taste way better. I have been able to drink it throughout the day rather than wanting to drink it fast and get it over with.

Of course all that water is making me so full that when I eat I get even more full which leads to indigestion!! Should I be eating cake while I am trying to "cleanse"?

Maybe I am missing the whole cleanse point. Why do we do this to ourselves? We are just going to go back to eating horrible and eat more than we need anyway.

Okay. I have survived day two with only a few bathroom trips, nothing even remotely close to yesterdays experience. Now, day three will be me trying to eat better.

Excuse me, I must use the restroom...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me. Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car. The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to wr