Skip to main content

Does it all really have to mean something?

So I start my friday out like any other friday. I dragged myself out of bed, heard my body crack and creak to let me know that it is getting old. (Notice I said "it" My body may be ferfeheph in age but my brain is much, much younger.) After I am all ready for the day, Jakob and Kadence wake up and I get them dressed and downstairs to get breakfast. The only odd thing on this friday morning is that Krischan isn't here. He has been with his Grandparents since Wednesday morning and I feel the emptiness that hangs around. It makes me wonder if that emptiness will move in when he grows up and moves out rather than it just visiting.

So on our way we go to zoo class, I get there and it is spring break, no zoo class. I think to myself that I can't go home, I have to meet with our CPA at 1:00 so I am not going to drive home just to turn around and come back. The kids need shoes so I take them to get their shoes. Easy enough, that takes up a good bit of time and it is now 11:00.

Out at my car I see that I brought the wrong folder. Instead of my taxes folder, I brought krischans school paper folder. Crap! Now what do I do? By the time I decide to drive home it is 11:20. I should have enough time, but it will be close.

I drive home, grab my papers, snacks for the kids, get back in the car, drive back out and make it there just a little bit late. (I live about 45 minutes out of town so driving back home is never as easy as it would sound to a normal person).

We eat a late lunch, head back home and it is peaceful as the kids fell asleep within minutes of the drive. I get home and go in the bathroom upstairs. (yes the one we just tiled and put back together) I notice the floor around the vanity is wet, so I get down, open the doors and see that there is a HUGE puddle inside, and the towel that was in there is so wet it is like I actually dunked the towel in a tub full of water. The bottom of the vanity is actually now bowed because of the water.

While Rick and I were dealing with that I hear Jakob downstairs calling. "DAD!DAD! DAD!" So I go down there and see that he tried to pour himself a cup of apple juice. It is everywhere. Pouring off the counter, all over the floor (It was a full container) Jakob looks up at me and says "I made big mess..."

So, as I take a deep breath I begin to wonder. Does everything really happen for a reason? Does the world work that way? Or am I just having a challenging day?

I went in, no zoo class, but got the chance to buy shoes for the kids...

I forgot the tax information so I had to run home then back. Not sure why on that one. To waste gas? Considering I had just put 80 dollars into the darn thing...

Why did the vanity overflow? because we should just buy another one?...

And the apple juice on the floor, was the world telling me that I needed to desperately clean the floor? Like I didn't know that one already.

Did it all happen to make me stop and take a look at my life? Because if that is the case, I already knew it was crazy, I already know that my house is a mess, gas is expensive, and the kids needed shoes. Oh, and as I am writing my husband comes up to ask me if I went crazy with the DVR.

Last night while I was dead tired, running on 2 hours of sleep and a full day of teaching I went to erase all my martha stewart shows. (Yes, I do delete some and not watch them, as much as I love to watch them, sometimes there just isn't the time.) Well, I accidentally deleted EVERYTHING.

Yes, everything. My Twilight movies (I don't need to watch them anyway) August Rush and other movies I love, Parenthood, Holmes on Holmes, American Pickers, and many, many, many kids movies. All...gone. There is no trashcan you can go to and pull everything back out of.

Rick thinks that happened to tell me that when I am dead tired, don't mess with the DVR. I think it was telling me that I don't have time to watch TV so why have all those things recorded wasting space.

Maybe when my time is over down here, God and I will sit at a table over looking the ocean, and drink a coffee while he explains everything to me. Things I was supposed to learn, things I did learn and the reason behind it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me. Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car. The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to wr