Skip to main content

Complete and total overindulgence

I have been asking Rick for the past couple of weeks to make sure that he can take Good Friday off. Krischan was out of school so we could take Jakob to zoo class as a family, then spend the day together. Finally, a nod of his head and I knew he was in...

Little did I know, so begins the day of total overindulgence.

Now to set it up a bit, Thursday for me is always hectic. I leave the house at 10:30 so I can get the two young ones to grandmas, pick up some lunch, then head off to class. By the time class ends I am starving, but can always wait till I get home to eat. Which is usually around 8:00, 8:30. I couldn't make it home, so I had a wendy's hamburger. Lunch was chipolte. A big bad double food day.

April is holding up to it's saying and it is raining as we wake up friday morning. Everyone ready, list of things we need to get done in my head (which is never good, I always forget something.)

Jakob is getting better, and he goes into zoo class, yells "mommy!" as I am walking away and when I turn, he is waving to me saying "BYE!!" So sweet, my baby boy is becoming so independent...

Krischan is in major need of some pants. Every single pair of pants have holes at the knees and being the parent I am, won't let him wear those pants to school. Item one on the list: buy pants.

We detour. Krispy Kreme.


A breakfast treat. Two donuts, why get just one? Kadence just ate the sprinkles on hers. (At least I didn't finish her donut though.)


We then go to the mall, get Krischan his shoes and pants then head off to get Jakob from the zoo and Krischan says he wants to go to BW3's for lunch. I grumble to myself thinking that this is the second day in a row I have eaten horrible. But Krischan wants to go there so I am ok with it.

I thought that once I had a daughter she would always want to sit with me and I wouldn't have to be by myself anymore. WRONG.


Yup, as soon as we all sit down, they crowd around dad. His lap must be the most comfortable seat in the world. So buffalo wings I eat, but at least don't get fries and get extra celery and carrots instead.

Item number two: Take the kids to Jeni's ice cream. Well, Jeni's didn't happen. Rick turned the wrong way out of BW3's and I take it that someone was trying to tell me something. Ahh, Jeni's will have to happen another day.

Item number three: Rick and I alone on a date!
Our first date stop is item number four: a book for each kids Easter basket. Rick tells me before we get into the store that he isn't going to spend $100 dollars on books for the kids. I say, of course not, that would be ridiculous.

As I run up to the kids section, I send Rick on a mission to find Ree Drummonds book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels".

I decide to pick a book and educational game for each kid for their basket. I find rick in the magazines and we go to check out. I cringe as I hear the associate tell us the cost and Rick go into a bit of shock. I tell him it was his magazines that put us over and he asks me how much the book I wanted was.

I change the subject by quickly stating that the movie we picked out to watch starts in a couple minutes. We get there on time and do the typical popcorn and coke, another bang in my run of bad food.

After the movie we talk about dinner and the fact that we aren't hungry. Appetizers and a drink are decided upon. Simple, easy, a full meal we don't need.

The mistake was when we decided that we would go to the bar at Smith and Wollensky. Our demise happens as soon as we look at the menu and see the steaks.


We start off with a wedge salad, then go to dry aged T-bone for Rick and a bone-in Ribeye for myself. A side of lobster mac and cheese. MMM, decadence. Don't forget their awesome rolls with butter. Oh-wow, the steak actually melted in my mouth and the dark chocolate covered cherry martini might have just pushed it a little over the edge, but I was still hanging on.

Dessert.
Creme Brulee. Can you say Gluttony? Overkill? Over Indulge?

I completely felt like I was going to puke on the way back to the car. My stomach had been stretched to hold all that food, I was amazed that my pants still fit me.

I was going to have to workout for 8 hours straight to make up for the past two days. But I am ok with that. I had a great morning with my family and a great evening with my husband, and the dinner was just the top of a great night. You can never go wrong with indulging on a good steak and great dessert with the one you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

Weird things I do...or are they normal?

I found myself washing an egg shell yesterday morning after breakfast. I walked around in a circle several times from my living room to foyer and back again, not really knowing what I was doing it for. Put the nesquick powder in the fridge. (everyone does that) Went out into the garage to get a coke and got in my car instead. Looked at the wall in my bedroom and decided I was going to try a handstand push-up. I got the handstand accomplished, not the push-up. Freaked out when I tried to wake up my computer thinking it had died when I realized that I had actually shut it down the night before. Rubbed lotion on my legs wondering why it felt so weird. Till I actually looked at the bottle and saw I was rubbing body wash on them. I still have the crayon wrappings from when we made easter egg crayons. In my mind I keep looking at them thinking: "I can do something with that paper, why throw it away?" What an interesting life I lead huh? I always end up wondering...