Skip to main content

February 12th 2009

Awhile ago on facebook(ok, so it was a few years ago) there were these questions going around in notes. Before facebook they were passed around in e-mail (Remember: fill this out, send it to 10 people and the person who sent it to you, if you don't you will die and untimely death...). And before e-mail the questions came to you written down on paper, folded up nicely from your best friend. (Yes, people actually wrote things on paper!)

So I got this one from a friend on facebook that I hadn't talked to since probably 1993, and this is how I responded to him:

Honestly I hate these things. But because this is the first time I have heard from you in a long time, why not. Maybe you'll talk to me now when I post on your wall.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No, but my dad was the one who named me.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
This morning at a story on the Today show. I am pregnant, give me a break.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It's ok. Who cares about that anyway?

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
roast beef if I have to actually eat lunch meat.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two boys, Krischan 6, and Jakob 14 months, and a little girl on the way.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I thought opposites attract. So if you met someone exactly like you, wouldn't that be annoying? There wouldn't be any good conversation because you would always agree with each other. Never do anything new because you would be the same. Also, think about all the things you hate about yourself... Need I say more?

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
hmmmm.....

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
yes... and your point?

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Been there, done that. I would rather try skydiving.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Fruity pebbles. Call it the kid in me.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Depends how much of a hurry I am in and if my oldest son is watching.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Haagan Daz Dark Chocolate

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
What they are wearing. I know, so materialistic, but I am a woman what do you expect?

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink is just a lighter shade of red. Duh. If you pick one, you pick the other.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I wish I was more outgoing so I could meet more people. I wish I was just a bit smarter. I wish I wasn't wasting my time filling this out.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandpa spiegel


18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
and have them waste there time also, HELL NO.


19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue jeans and pink slippers.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The wind against the house.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE
something glittery and fun

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Grass right after it has been cut, the ocean, christmas, my husband (even after he has worked on bikes all day)

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Rick. I don't get too many calls from people. The answer would always be either my mom or Rick.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I remember him being a pretty cool guy. I am sure he still is.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Cycling. Not really a sports watcher though.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Redish brownish, blondish. Who knows, I started coloring it in college.

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No. would it make a difference if I did? What kind of question is this?

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
A really great rare bone-in filet. mmmmm.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Again, depends on my mood.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Iron Man.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
brown over, white under. Didn't I already answer a question like this?

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Fall. I am a nonconformist.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
sex. see above.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?


38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?


39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Historian

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
An old clients advertisement. I can't seem to find my winnie the pooh or mickey mouse mouse pad.

41. WHAT DID YOU Watch on T.V Last Night
Good Eats.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
Everyone says their kids laughter, which to me is an obvious answer. So let's try to be a bit more creative:

The sound of the rain on the roof when laying in bed at night. I also love the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the beach. The complete silence that surrounds you when walking in the woods. The sound of the snow under your feet after it has fallen.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
What's your point?

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Costa Rica. What an awesome adventure that was.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can roll my tongue both ways. Not that exciting.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Riverside hospital in Columbus, Ohio

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Don't plan on sending this to anyone else...


48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
On my 20th birthday I walked into a bicycle shop to buy a mountain bike and there he was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me. Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car. The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to wr