Skip to main content

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me.

Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car.

The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to write me an note telling me that if I didn't drive, it would bite my head off. I sensed that from my experience in the creepy cellar opening of our basement, (click here to learn that story) he truly did not want to have to kill me.

I pulled out of the parking lot and started driving home. Keeping one eye on the road and one eye on the spider I began to wonder if he was just saving me for later and once I got him to where he wanted to go I would become a cocooned body. Host or food was the only question.(I had already been a host to a million tiny spiders, so what's new?)

Eventually he slid back into the vent and every once in awhile would poke his head out and stare at me as if to tell me to try something. I was rigid with fear as I drove home, thinking of the massive car wreck I would get into if he decided to come out and eat my face off.

As you can tell by this post, I made it home safely. The spider, who knows where it is at. Maybe the heat from my vent killed it and it is rotting in my car, or it crawled out and into the woods to create more giant spiders. I don't even want to think it is in my house, it could have possibly made it to all the little spiders in our cellar entrance. I can't count on Chelsie, she isn't a spider killer...I don't know why. And Rick thinks I am exaggerating the size of this spider, so he is no help.

Just so you could see for yourself, I scoured the internet today looking for a picture of this behemoth. And I found one. Take a gander and go ahead and tell me you wouldn't freak out if this was in your car either.

Comments

  1. Wow, r u sure u didn't pass out in fear and dream this whole episode? Ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be a possibility. There is no possible way though that it was just a little black spider.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

mommy daughter mope time

So today is Friday. It is the day I have to rush out the door with Kadence and Jakob so that Jakob can go to zoo class. (I live an hour away from the zoo and he has to be there by 9.) Well, this morning everyone was tired and didn't want to get up, we have been getting over being sick. I have 10 minutes to get out the door and Rick decides to make pancakes for Jakob. But...we make it anyway. Jakob off to class, Krischan at school, and Mom and daughter together by ourselves. Let's go buy shoes. Which I did...for her. I can't buy shoes when someone is with me, kids or adults. Shopping for shoes is like picking out a good book, it takes time and you can't do it when you have a little one with you, or big one with you taking up any of your attention. Although, I do enjoy buying Kadence shoes, so it isn't too much of a big deal. Do I really need a new pair of shoes anyway? Hah!(big bellowing laugh while I throw my head back) who am I kidding, of course I do, even if