Skip to main content

My evening with Bradley Cooper

Yes, you read that correct. I spent last night with Bradley Cooper. You know, the guy in Hangover. No...the good looking one. He is also in Limitless, a movie that is on my list of want to see's. I only have a list of want to see's, I never have a list of went and saw's.

Anyway, I wore this spectacular red halter top red sequin dress. He was in a most wonderful suit and looked fabulous. We attended an event which I am pretty sure was the oscars, but we sat at round tables for a dinner so maybe it was the Golden Globes. (Ok, so you figured it out, I was dreaming.) We walked into this room, his arm around my waist gently and leaded me to the table we would be sitting at. I sat down next to a really old man, no idea who he was, probably some director or something. I look to Bradley and say: "Let me get a picture of you Bradley." I pull out my camera, and see the look on his face so I casually turn to my right and say "And I am going to take a picture of...you also." I still am not sure of the guys name and don't want to look foolish so hopefully I was nonchalant enough in my statement.

I pull out my iphone to take pictures and see that Bradley is going to take a picture of me. I give him my silliest of faces and he snaps the photo. Why a silly face? I don't know, maybe it is because I am so plain, there is no glamorous look I can give. The guy next to me, after taking his picture leans into me and starts asking me if I like my new phone. We enter into a short conversation about what I like and how it works.

Soon Bradley is grabbing my hand to pull me with him as his publicist angrily tells him that he didn't walk the carpet and meet the press. He wants me to come with him. Imagine, pictures of him and I together at this event! Ugh, I quickly worry about how ordinary I will look next to him. We pass Anne Hathaway on the way out and she gives me a hug and tells me how excited she is to see me there. She looks like Anne Hathaway, but she is really my best friend Hunny. (Sometimes my dreams are like that, it appears to be one person, but it is really another)

She is moving to NY and I am staying the week with Bradley to help her look for an apartment. Yes, your read that correctly also, I am staying with him. I am not sure if we were dating in the dream or not, he didn't really talk to me that much nor I to him, I was being so shy and quiet. Yes I was being shy and quiet, don't you know you are different in your dreams?

Somehow I am now walking in a hallway to Bradley's apartment. I walk into this glorious place with high ceilings and tall windows overlooking the city. He gives me one of his mesmerizing smiles and says to me "There you are, I have missed you."
I look down as I smile then walk into the bedroom and climb into bed and tell him what a wonderful night I had. As I turn to look at him I am hit in the head...

with a small 3 year old's foot. Time to come back to reality at 3:00 in the morning.

The leg goes up again and I notice just in time to block the foot at it comes down toward my face again. "Jakob, quit kicking me" then I roll over and try to recapture the dream, but it is no use. It is gone, only to be a memory that one day will be forgotten.

Why is it when Jakob climbs into my bed he curls up with his dad and then lays crossways so his feet are in my face or back?

As I am making breakfast for Krischan I am rolling over my dream in my head. Now long ago I had a dream of being an actress, winning an oscar, but shame on me, that dream died when I was a freshman in high school. I was in my first high school production and it was so fun. But opening night everyone turned crabby and snobby. Heaven for bid you say anything to them as they prepared for the production. Shame on me for letting that one experience destroy my dream. Oh-well. Maybe one day, there is still hope isn't there?

Back to the Bradley Cooper thing:
First thing though, even if I was an actress, Bradley is a year younger than me. Before I met Rick (who is 2 years older than I am) I dated guys that were at least 2 years older than I was. Plus the majority of them had dark hair.

Second, he is way out of my league. I am very plain, all of my girlfriends are better looking than me and I have always been a bit on the round voluptuos side. Hips, boobs, butt, all that in a size 12. (I am sure by Hollywood standards that is considered overweight, which would have made my dreams of being an actress hard to attain.) I am happy with my body so I wouldn't be easily swayed to loose weight just to be an actress. Yes I could probably loose 5 lbs and be a little bit more healthy, but couldn't everyone?

Third, if he was to ever show up at my door, my life would make him run screaming never to return. Just this morning making breakfast it was insane. Making pancakes, chocolate milk, filling the dishwasher, packing lunch, going over spelling words with Krischan, running upstairs to get Kadence, changing her diaper, making more pancakes, all the while screaming and yelling and stomping is going on. After Krischan ran out the door to catch the bus, literally, I leaned up against the counter to eat my Chobani yogurt and had to daydream taking myself to another place just to enjoy a moment to myself. Chaos ensuing around me. And this was just within a 40 minute time span.

Fourth, and it is so true, Bradley could never hold a candle to Rick. As all the chaos was going on Rick went upstairs, got the shower running and told me to go take one. (I haven't had the chance to take one in the past two days so I am sure it was so he didn't have to smell me anymore, but it was still a sweet sentiment.) He put my bathrobe in the dryer so it would be nice, warm and cozy after I got out of the shower, which is a very nice indulgence. (always make sure you can place your dryer next to the bathroom, there is nothing like a warm towel after a hot shower on a cold winter day). He is also giving me an hour this afternoon alone in my office so I can finish the grading that needs to get done today. (My kids don't let me go in the office and work, unless I want everything ruined, thrown around and wear ear plugs to drown out the yelling and screaming for my attention.)

So I guess I would say that I wouldn't trade my crazy chaotic life and am content to just dream about other things. I am not plain and ordinary in Rick's eyes and feel like the most beautiful woman in the world when he looks at me. I am more comfortable in my yoga pants and t-shirt than a red sequin dress, and suck at remembering names so I am very positive I would ruin any acting career on that fact alone.

If my life was any other way there wouldn't be Rick, and without Rick there wouldn't be Krischan, Jakob or Kadence.

There is no comparison...

photo credit of Bradley Cooper: Splash News Online

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me. Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car. The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to wr