Skip to main content

Martha to Mayhem


What a great morning to start the day. I was channeling Martha by working on a brownie recipe I have been trying to nail down since Christmas. ( I never work on a recipe to come up with my own) Found out that I didn't have any brown sugar so I mixed molasses and sugar together to create my own.

So Martha...

Then while my brownie concoction was cooking I made a luscious salad to make up for the brownie I would be devouring later. A beautiful spring mix with olive oil, bacon (not fake bacon) blue cheese (of course the Amish kind) and a touch of salt.


Knowing how much I love my husband I plated him up the same salad and called him in from his shop for lunch.



Jakob and Kadence were playing and having a great time, they even ate all of their lunch. Krischan, I am very sure was being his genius self at school, impressing all the teachers with his knowledge. The timer rang that it was time to take the brownie concoction out and see how it turned out.






That is some ewy gooey goodness coming out of the sides there. Then the reality buzzer goes off, the world has realized that our life shouldn't be this calm. Rick throws his hands up when he finds out an order he placed was put on the wrong card and came out of the wrong account. Off I go with some checks in hand to the bank so that nothing bounces.

Sounds simple enough. Take a certain amount of cash out of the paypal account so that along with the checks the right amount gets put in the business account, bam, problem solved.

Shame on me. I get to the ATM to pull the cash out and since it is something I never do, thought you could click on one dollar amount then another to add up the total you want. Wrong. So I have to actually do two transactions, and in the middle forget the amount I was supposed to take out so I have to call Rick to verify.

HONK!!! Just to let you know a very impatient person was behind me.

I then park to go into the bank. Don't ask why I didn't just go through the drive thru. By the way, this is the second time I am in the bank because I thought there was an ATM inside at first. Since the teller did not see the deposit slip that Rick filled out I get an apology from the teller that he cannot put the money in the bank since I am not on the account.

WHAT???? what do you mean, I do it all the time? Face turning red and getting flustered that all the times I have done this before, now all of a sudden I can't. He proceeds to tell me that he can't give me the account information to write the account number down so the deposit can happen.

WHAT?? didn't he write the account number down on the slip? Ugh!! I am never doing this for Rick again!! Oh wait...Mr. Teller man...Here is the deposit slip...with the account number.

Mr. Teller man then proceeds to tell me that there isn't enough cash here, he has written this number and you only have this much.

Shit!! What was Rick thinking, I thought he told me to take out this much, which I did, now I have to take out more! A third transaction? I am not doing this, I am going to go back home. So back to my car (for the third time) I look down as I open my car door and funny, there is the rest of the cash, sitting on my car seat.

Baaack into the bank I go. I am sure the teller is getting sick of me now. But finally, 4 trips in and out of the bank, the money is finally deposited and I can go home!!

I so deserve one of those ewey gooey brownies now.


Ahhh...all is right with the world again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the color yellow

I LOVE the color yellow. It is sunshine, happiness, bright, and fun. For the past couple of weeks I have been updating my kitchen. Painting the cabinets and walls and re-doing the counter tops. The color scheme I picked is yellow, black and cream. Today was the day I finally got to paint the walls with the "applesauce" color I picked. YEE..OWZA. I have never put a color on my walls that made me doubt my sense of design and decision making in my home. This color is doing that to me. I love yellow, but is it right for my walls? I am unsure. I need to place the second coat on and live with it. Beginning to think I should have picked a very light warm grey color instead. Yellow is definitely Yellow...

exhaustion sets in

First off, where the hell did the week go? I don't remember any of it... oh-wait, that is right, my oldest is a genius and I have a lot of mud in my back yard. Thursdays feel like Fridays to me. I wearily walk in the door around 8 at night after having two classes back to back, so basically from 12:30 to 6:20 I am going and going. I know, I am such a wimp...can't handle it...I am old. I showed my class today the 1988 tony award logo. None of them were born yet. NONE OF THEM. Why the 1988 one? I don't know, because it was in the book I was showing them about type and typesetting. DUH, don't ask stupid questions anymore. Look at what keeps me going: a sexy, wonderful, loving husband who puts up with my shit. And yes, I can dish out a lot of that. My heart swells just looking at him. My first born who drives me nuts a lot, but he is a genius and I love him. Did I tell you he was a genius? My wild middle child, who in under one minute can wreck an entire roo

The big hairy spider went for a ride

I walk out to my car today after class, get in, throw my stuff in the seat next to me and pick up the phone to call Rick so he knows I am on my way home. That is when it happens. I see a slight movement out of the corner of my eye, and there it sits, a large hairy spider, just staring at me. Me, being the arachnophobe, starts freaking out, looking for anything I can use to smash it. This thing is huge!! I am screaming into the phone for help and sensing that I am going to be attacked at any second. I reach down for a book that is close at hand and the spider goes into a vent in my dash. I don't know how it fit, but it slid right in there and disappeared. I began slamming the book into the line he went into and that is when the book was ripped out of my hands and thrown to the back of the car. The spider slowly came out from the vent, got into my purse and came out with paper and a pen. I think this spider must have escaped from a lab or something because it then proceeded to wr